Watch this instructional lampworking video to use a holey marver for making strings of glass beads using a lampwork torch and an electric mandel spinner. A marver is a tool used in glassblowing. It generally is made of a polished steel surface and is used to shape molten glass. A warm piece of glass is rolled on the marver, for two reasons: controlling temperature and adjusting shape. Because the glass comes in direct contact with the steel, it must be kept very clean. A holey is usually rubbed with steel wool and then wiped with rubbing alcohol to keep it from rusting. The holey marver is a hand held marver with several holes for making glass jewelry such as beads and buttons. Use holey marvers to get consisent round lampwork beads.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades